Garde Manger DVD
Contrasting colors, flavors, texture, heights, and temperature all play a role in the arrangement of a composed salad. During this segment you will:
- Practice techniques for preparing and presenting several kinds of composed salads.
- Receive tips for developing your own creations.
Condiments are the "workhorse" of garde manger—tart, spicy, or pungent, these items boost the flavor of any dish. In this segment, you will:
- Learn the basic recipes for the five most commonly used condiments—mustard, ketchup, chutney, relish, and pickles.
- Explore variations on these recipes. Discover effective ways to use condiments in hors d'oeuvre and appetizers.
In this essential training companion for anyone who handles garde manger functions, you will:
- Discover the elegance of the first course.
- Study the key elements of successful appetizers—ingredient selection, presentation, and plating and service techniques.