The Basic Steps of Baking Bread and Laminating Dough
You too can produce your own high-quality breads and pastries in this two-volume series featuring fundamental baking techniques. In the first part of this DVD, you will:
- Study the 12 steps of bread baking.
- Examine ingredients and equipment needed for lean doughs.
- Learn the straight-dough mixing method for lean dough.
- Discover shaping and scoring techniques for a variety of breads, including round loaves, baguettes, pan bread, and dinner rolls.
In part two, you will:
- Learn the proper techniques, key ingredients, and formulas used in producing laminated doughs.
- Discover mixing, rolling, and shaping methods for creating a selection of laminated products, including turnovers and bouchées.
- Find out how to evaluate quality in your finished baked goods.