Culinary Knives Series- Volume 2: Knife Skills
Culinary Knives: Knife Skills is the second volume of the two-part series Culinary Knife Knowledge DVD Series. Culinary Knives: Knife Skills covers a more advanced level of knife knowledge, including:
- Choosing knives and using them with precision to minimize waste and maximize efficiency
- Specialized skills to increase productivity
- Vegetable cuts
- Chicken fabrication
- Seafood fabrication: Round fish, flatfish, and shellfish
- Interview with a CIA chef about the importance of knife skills in the professional kitchen
- Interview with a professional knife-maker and qualities to look for in selecting a knife
From the basics of knife "know-how" to the intricate skill of meat fabrication, the Culinary Knife Knowledge DVD Series (Volume 1: Knife Care and Volume 2: Knife Skills) doesn't miss a beat—and educating your staff in these areas ensures a strong return on your investment. With the indispensable knowledge of knife safety, care, and specialized skills, your kitchen staff is sure to increase productivity, confidence, and your bottom line.
Be sure to also check out the first volume in the series, Culinary Knives: Knife Care, which covers a more advanced level of knife knowledge.